Click Below For A Printer Friendly Version of My Recipes! ♥

Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Skinny Pink Ribbon Cookies ♥

Well as you may know October is breast cancer awareness month, and I decided to bake some skinny healthy pink ribbon awareness cookies. Here is my recipe and make sure to check out the Susan G Komen page http://ww5.komen.org/ in your area for ways to lend your support!
     I know in the past couple of years I myself have dealt with some scary situations, but am lucky that they were non cancerous, because I got regular check ups and I got a mammogram, and biopsies, even though I was under 40 to make sure! That is why it is so important even if you are under 40 to get a mammogram and get a yearly check up ladies! I hope you enjoy my recipe! ♥


You can get your own pink riboon cookie cutter here and support breast cancer awareness 
http://www.pinkribbonshop.com/breast-cancer-awareness-pink-ribbon-cookie-cutter-pink.aspx



Ingredients  ♥

1/4 cup    Butter, softened (I use smart balance)
1/4 cup + 2 tbs  Baking stevia
1  egg
1/2 tsp    Vanilla extract
1/2 tsp    Almond extract
1 cup    whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 tsp    Baking powder
1/8 tsp    Salt

Directions ♥


In a medium bowl, cream together butter, and sugar substitute with a mixer until fluffy. Add egg, and extracts and beat until combined. In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet, until just combined. (Don’t over work dough or it will get tough). Wrap dough and place it back in the fridge to chill for about 30 minutes, or until dough is cold.
When ready to cut cookies out, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, (or foil and spray with cooking spray). Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface and cut out shapes with ribbon cookie cutters. Place on baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Frost the cookies with a light sugar free glaze of water and powdered sugar, use sprinkles to decorate!  and enjoy! ♥


Note you may also use this recipe for any sugar cookies! 



No comments:

Post a Comment