Click Below For A Printer Friendly Version of My Recipes! ♥

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Game Day Low Carb Pretzels ♥

Here is a great healthy version of low carb homemade soft pretzels,perfect for tomorrow's game day! You ask how can they be low carb, easy, I have discovered this amazing product Carbquick it is a low carb flour with only 2 net carbs! Here is their website Carbalose.com  

Carbquik™ is a complete, Low-Carb baking mix made with Carbalose™ that is similar to Bisquik ™. Since Carbquik™ is made from Carbalose ™ instead of regular flour, it contains 90% less Net Carbs than Bisquik ™! Carbquik™ can be used in many recipes, such as biscuits, muffins, pancakes, waffles, pizza crust,
and dumplings, as well as many cake and sweet dough recipes.


Ingredients

2 1/2  cups Carbquik™baking  mix
1   tablespoon onion powder
1/2 cup milk
2    tablespoons vegetable oil
1   egg, beaten
1   teaspoon coarse salt (kosher or sea salt)

Heat oven to 425°F. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray. In medium bowl, stir  Carbquick mix, onion powder, milk and oil until well blended.
2 Gently smooth dough into a ball. Place dough on surface generously sprinkled with
Carbquik™  mix; gently roll in Carbquik™ mix to coat; knead 5 times.
3 Divide dough into 32 equal portions. Roll each portion into pencil-like strip, about 12 inches long. Twist each strip into pretzel shape on cookie sheets. Brush with egg; sprinkle with salt.
4 Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until light golden brown. enjoy! serve with dipping sauce such as mustard.

7 comments:

  1. This recipe did not work at all. Save your carbquik for pancakes or biscuits. Those recipes work.
    - Taking 1 for the team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry it didn't work out for you, you have to be patient when forming the dough and kneading, Carbquick asked me to be a part of their product and my pretzels did take about 3 tries before the consistency was just right. It is a great product though, sorry yours didn't work out, was it too crumbly or runny? Did they not rise enough? Let me know :)

      Delete
  2. terrible , dont bother trying

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I said carbquick asked me to test their product I’m sorry it didn’t work out for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't usually comment, but since all the comments so far are negative I thought I should. I made this today and it worked great! I would make it again. I had to add a little water since mine was too dry. I would make this again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super yummy! Glad I came across this recipe! It's been ages since I've eaten a pretzel lol Thank you ��

    ReplyDelete
  6. I most likely appreciating each and every bit of it. It is an incredible site and decent impart. I need to much obliged. Great employment! You all do an incredible blog, and have some extraordinary substance. Keep doing awesome. Play Free slots

    ReplyDelete