Here is a perfect game day side to go with that game day chili, Texas style cornbread muffins with a kick of jalapeno! My recipe is healthy and still delicious! enjoy! ♥
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sugar free honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup light shredded cheddar, plus more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together the butter, buttermilk, honey and eggs.
- Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Add the jalapeno, Parmesan and cheddar and gently toss to combine.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray.
- Top with sliced jalapeno, using your fingertips to gently press the jalapeno into the batter. Sprinkle with Parmesan and cheddar.
- Place into oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. enjoy! ♥