Here is a perfect lunch or dinner with some southwestern kick! Healthy and delicious tex mex avocado salad enjoy! ♥
- 2 ripe avocados, each cut in half and pits removed
- 2 medium ears of fresh sweet corn, husked
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into 2 or 3 thick slices
- 1/2 cup black beans (rinsed)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeds and membrane removed, minced (optional)
- 4 Tbs lime juice from 1 large lime (divided)
- 3 Tbs olive oil (divided)
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- kosher salt
- 1 corn tortilla or wheat ( for a healthier version)
Heat grill to medium-high heat.
Spray tortilla with cooking spray, or lightly brush with olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
Squeeze lime juice from 1/2 lime (about 2 Tbs) over avocado halves. Brush avocado, onion slices, and corn with half of the olive oil. Lightly salt avocado halves.
Grill vegetables and tortilla until slightly charred and softened. Avocado halves should be grilled flesh side down, and will only need 1-2 minutes until charred.
Remove vegetables and tortilla from grill and let cool.
Cut tortilla into quarters and set aside for garnish (it may be easier to cut with scissors if warm)
When cool enough to handle, cut kernels from corn and place in a mixing bowl.
Cut onion into diced size pieces and add to bowl.
Add diced tomato, black beans, cilantro and jalapeño (if desired).
Toss all vegetables lightly.
In a separate bowl or measuring cup, mix remaining 2 Tbs lime juice, 2 Tbs olive oil, cumin and salt to taste. Mix well, and pour dressing over salad and toss again.
To serve, put 1-2 spoonfuls of salad mixture in and around each avocado half. Garnish with a tortilla chip.enjoy! ♥