Here is a great alternative to buffalo wings ..why not make it healthy with low carb skinny buffalo cauliflower bites...dipped in delicious cool skinny blue cheese dressing! enjoy! ♥
For the dip:
1/3 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
2 Tablespoons light mayo
2 Tablespoons light sour cream
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
4 - 6 Tablespoons blue cheese crumbles (I used the low fat version)
For the "wings"
1/2 cup baking mix (I used a store bought pancake mix I found in my cupboard ... but you can use a homemade or gluten free baking mix too)
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/2 of a large head of cauliflower (about 0.8 lb.)
2 Tablespoons butter( for a healthier version use Smart Balance)
1/3 cup Frank's Buffalo Wings sauce (or your fave hot sauce)
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Make the dip by mixing all the dip ingredients together ... then set the dip aside to let the flavors meld.
- Whisk together the baking mix, water, and garlic in a bowl until smooth.
- Segment the cauliflower into bite-size pieces (whatever that means for you) and then dip each floret into the batter, shaking off as much of the excess batter as possible before setting it on the baking sheet. Set them in the oven and let them bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a bowl in a covered bowl in the microwave, then stir in the hot sauce.
- When the cauliflower is done, remove it from the oven, cut off any excess "drippings" from the batter that makes for an unruly-looking "wing" (I had a few ...), then brush each floret with the spicy sauce, coating it all over with the yummy buttery buffalo sauce and setting them back on the baking sheet.
- Set your cauliflower yummies back in the oven to bake for 8 - 10 minutes. When you open the oven, you should hear them "sizzling" and see little bits of brown on some of them.
- Set on a serving plate and serve with the creamy blue cheese dip. enjoy! ♥