Here is a perfect treat for summer, you can use these pickled peaches in salads, on top of ice cream, on top of chicken, they are tangy, sweet, and savory! enjoy! ♥
- 4 ripe but firm peaches
- Zest of 1 orange, cut into strips
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, slivered
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- Peel peaches and cut into wedges.
- Pack peach slices, strips of orange zest, cinnamon sticks, and ginger into 4 Ball jars; set aside.
- In a sauce pan, simmer water, vinegar, sugars, bourbon, and vanilla until sugar dissolves.
- Cool liquid mixture slightly; pour over fruit, covering fruit and filling jar to the top.
- Place lids on jars, cool jars to room temperature, and refrigerate. enjoy! ♥