You know how you love Friday's tator skins but dont wan't to order them because you will fell guilty later? Well here is my "skinny" version of tator skins.. so yummy enjoy! ♥
10 medium potatoes
6 slices of cooked turkey bacon, chopped
6 green onions, diced, green part only
.5 cup of reduced-fat cheddar
.5 cup of reduced-fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pierce each raw potato with a fork several times (because your potato will explode in your oven if you don't - yeah, totally happened to me) and place on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Bake potatoes for 45-60 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cut in half lengthwise and use a melon-baller to scoop out the inside, getting as close to the skin as possible, leaving only a small amount of white inside. This is the key to crisp potato skins with less calories!
- Place back in the oven top down for 5 minutes, then flip and bake for 5 more minutes (this will make them more crisp).
- Remove from oven, fill each half with approximately 1 tsp of cheese and a sprinkling of turkey bacon.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven, add a tsp of sour cream and a sprinkle of green onions.
- Enjoy! ♥