here's a supercute way to have your typical soup and grilled cheese, jazz it up with healthy mini bites!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, room
- 2 slices bread, day old wheat is healthiest
- 3 ounces cheese fat free or low fat, grated/shredded, room temperature
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Completely coat with olive oil one side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice of bread in the pan, coated side down, sprinkle on the cheese and top with the remaining slice of bread, coated side up
- Turn the heat down a notch and cook until golden brown, about 2-4 minutes.
- Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 2-4 minutes.
- Cut the edges from the grilled cheese, cut int 1 inch squares and use to garnish your favorite soup.
here's my recipe for tomato basil soup