Click Below For A Printer Friendly Version of My Recipes! ♥

Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, September 29, 2011

italian butternut squash soup ♥


Serves 6

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons  extra virgin olive oil
2/3 cup diced carrot (about 1 (8-inch) large carrot)
1/2 cup diced celery (about 1 (11-inch) large stalk)
2/3 cup diced onion (about 1 medium onion)
4 cups cubed butternut squash (about 1 medium squash)
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
2 cloves fresh garlic minced
4 to 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste



Heat olive oil in a large soup pot. Add carrot, celery and onion. Cook until vegetables have begun to soften and onion turns translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add butternut squash and thyme and garlic. Stir to combine with vegetables. Stir in chicken broth and season with salt and pepper.

Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until squash is fork-tender, about 30 minutes. Use an immersion blender to puree soup. Alternatively, let the soup cool slightly and carefully puree in batches in a traditional blender. garnish with bay leaf and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Yes I think I wrote this before.Before I came to New Zealnd from Serbia I always thought pumpkins are eaten only by pigs;)
    I have pumpkin in my garden and do love things cooked with it .Also the soup you made looks creamy and delicious;)

    ReplyDelete