So happy to be a weekly contributor writer with Sverve and Parade Magazine! ♥
Here is a great workout on your legs you can do at home..the spaghetti legs workout, your legs will feel like spaghetti after you are done, but it is well worth it! ♥
So sticking to the italian theme.. you want something healthy and still satisfying? Try my low carb Skinny Portobello Pizza's, the mushrooms are the base, they are so meaty you won't miss the carby bread! Here is my recipe! Perfect for a healthy lunch or dinner after workout! ♥
* Portobello mushrooms
* Olive oil
* Salt & Pepper
* Garlic powder
* Pizza Sauce
* Mozzarella cheese
* Italian herb seasoning
* Red pepper flakes
* Toppings of choice ( I used turkey pepperoni and fresh basil)
- Start by cleaning the mushrooms. To to do this, first gently pull out the stem by twisting and pulling on it. Then, scrape out the gills (optional, it’s not necessary) with spoon. Then wash the mushrooms clean (you can use a damp cloth, but I just prefer washing them) and pat them dry with some paper towels.
- In the meantime get your grill going.
- Generously drizzle some olive oil over both sides of the mushrooms and rub it around with your fingers.
- Season the mushroom well on both sides with salt, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Once your grill is heated and your ready to go, cook the mushrooms bowl side (cavity side) down for 7-8 minutes.
- Then take the mushrooms off the grill and prepare the pizza part of this recipe.
- Smother some pizza sauce into the mushroom cavity. Top with some fresh chopped basil and fill it up with some grated mozzarella cheese.
- Next, sprinkle over some itlaian herb seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Then add whatever toppings you want on your pizza like sundried tomatoes, turkey pepperoni, red pepper, onion, whatever you like to put on pizzas, but keep it healthy!
- Then place the mushrooms back on the grill (fillinf side up obviously) and cook the mushroom for anothe 8-10 minutes (with the lid closed) until the cheese is bubbly and melted.enjoy! ♥
Make sure to check Sverve and Parade out!