Click Below For A Printer Friendly Version of My Recipes! ♥

Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Slow Cooker Russian Sausages and Kapusta ( cabbage and sausage dinner ) ♥

Here is a traditional russian meal my version is the slow cooker version, and healthier, I remember my Russian Grandma Katrina in the kitchen making homemade kapusta (russian cabbage ) it's a hearty dish perfect for chilly nights! enjoy! ♥


Ingredients ♥ 

    1 (20 ounce) can sauerkraut kapusta see my recipe here. Russian kapusta

    1/4 cup brown sugar

    1 1/2 pounds link sausage 


    1 onion, sliced

Directions ♥

    In a medium bowl, combine the sauerkraut and brown sugar. then place in slow cooker. Arrange the sausage and onion over the sauerkraut.
    Cook on high for two hours, check for dryness, adding some water if necessary, then reduce to low setting, and cook on low for two more hours.enjoy! ♥


 

No comments:

Post a Comment