Click Below For A Printer Friendly Version of My Recipes! ♥

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, November 11, 2013

Cranberry Chutney ♥

Here is my favorite cranberry chutney recipe, sorry folks, I know some people just love the canned cranberry jello, but it just never happened in my house growing up, always fresh cranberry sauce, it's perfect for thanksgiving, or check out my appetizer Baked Cranberry Brie! enjoy!



Ingredients ♥ 

1 pound fresh cranberries, washed and dried
2 cups granulated sugar ( I use Stevia)
1/3 cup water
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 orange, zested and juiced


Directions ♥


In a medium pot, combine the cranberries, sugar and water.  Stir to blend.  Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.  Reduce to a simmer and add the cinnamon stick, allspice and nutmeg.  Stir and simmer for an additional 5 to 7 minutes.  Some of the cranberries will burst and some will remain whole.  Add the orange juice and zest, stir and allow to cool before serving.enjoy!♥


No comments:

Post a Comment