Here is my skinny version of banana bread... using my favorite Nutella! I replaced the sugar with unsweetened applesauce, but you can use Splenda, or regular sugar if you prefer, and I used egg whites for a healthier approach. Perfect for a healthy breakfast, snack, or dessert enjoy! ♥
- 4 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter ( I use fat free Smart Balance brand )
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the egg whites. Add the banana, vanilla, and apple sauce and mix together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gently mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Warm the Nutella up in the microwave for 30-60 seconds until it is softer and melted.
- Pour the banana bread batter into a bread pan. Then slowly spoon the nutella on top and swirl into the bread using a knife until all of the Nutella has been worked in.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until cooked through. Enjoy! ♥