Remember dole whole fruit bars?..I used to eat those as a kid, now I have a recipe to make my own, they are healthy and low sugar, and supercute! ♥
Makes 4 ice blocks
- 1 cup of fruit of your choice-I used peach, grapes, frozen blueberries, frozen raspberries, strawberries and kiwifruit
- 4 Mint leaves
- 1/4 cup Pimms
- 3/4 cup lemonade (I used Eff lemon and lime sparkling drink)
- You will also need an ice block mold set that holds four ice blocks, roughly 1/2 cup of liquid in each
- 1. Slice up fruit into smaller portions. I used small peaches and cut them into eighths and peeled the kiwifruit and cut each slice in half. Pop the fruit into the ice block cavities layering them along with a single mint leaf.
2. In a jug, measure the Pimms and lemonade-I recommend letting the fizz subside for a few seconds as it freezes better without so many bubbles, and then pour this into the cavity on top of the fruit. Fill until the line indicated and place tops on the holder and freeze until firm (several hours or overnight).
- 3. Run hot water along the body of the holders to loosen and pull out gently.