Click Below For A Printer Friendly Version of My Recipes! ♥

Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"ukha" russian fish soup ♥

my grandma katrina used to make this, unfortunatley I didn't appreciate it until I was older, I love it now, here's my healthier version enjoy!
the fish stock:
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 stalk celery, with leaves, chopped
4-5 cups water
twist of lemon peel
salt and white pepper to taste
one whole bay leaf
1 to 1 and 1/2 lbs of fish trimmings, heads, and bones, even shrimp shells
optional: up to a cup of white wine

Ukha:
1 lb white fish fillets, sliced into 6 serving pieces
1 tbsp finely cut  dill leaves fresh
Slowly bring all ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan, skimming when necessary. Partially cover, and cook at a medium heat for 20-30 minutes. Bring stock to a boil in a large saucepan. Lower in the fish fillets and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 3-4 minutes--until the fish is just opaque. Carefully lift the fish out and put into flat soup bowls. Pour hot stock on top, squeeze a little lemon into each bowl,  and sprinkle with dill. Serve at once. enjoy!


1 comment: